Our GOLD correction detail is the highest-grade package we'd recommend if you use your car regularly on the road.
Our GOLD correction detail is suited to cars with more extensive defects, such as deeper scratches or chemical etching, and cars dulled through wear and tear over a number of years. However, it is also generally recommended for cars suffering from ‘unfinished’ workmanship from a paint shop – or indeed the original production line. Ugly leftover sanding marks can be quite deep and are a common feature on hand-worked paintwork, whether it is from a repairer, or a low-volume manufacturer…
Our GOLD correction detail is the highest-grade package we’d recommend if you intend to use your car regularly on the road, since much of the extra time and effort involved in the next package up could be quickly ‘undone’ through regular use. Realistically, a GOLD detail will restore even a quite poorly maintained car to a stunning ‘showroom’ condition. Cars in reasonably good order to begin with will be improved to ‘much better than showroom’ standard!
KDS Gold detail from only £895.00 + VAT
What you can expect from the gold detail...
Since no two cars arrive in identical condition all our detailing packages will be tweaked to each individual car, ensuring the best possible use of our time and the greatest value for money. However, regardless of the vehicle’s age/condition, on a GOLD detail we will always carry out at least the following steps:
- Comprehensive wash process using two/three bucket method
- Tar remover, fallout remover and degreaser used for chemical decontamination
- Door shuts, hinges, badges, edges and panel gaps brush cleaned
- Engine compartment carefully washed and degreased
- Wheels removed and cleaned using Gtechniq W6 followed by GWash
- Wheel arches jet-washed and cleaned using tar remover
- Fabric hood scrubbed clean to remove dirt build up or biomass (if present)
- Combination of soft microfibre towel and forced-air drying techniques
- Brakes warmed to ensure no binding while the car is with us
- Exterior glass polished to remove staining, and decontaminated using strong solvents
- Clay used to remove bonded contaminants from paintwork (including door shuts)
- Paint depth readings taken (also shows accident/paint repairs) where needed
- GOLD level three-stage machine polishing completed (4 to 5 days) using KDS in-house techniques
- Paint levelling process to remove deeper paint defects and scratches (if required)
- Extra corrective polishing of individual major defects (where possible)
- Prominent stone chips touched in (please provide touch up paint if possible – ask your dealer)
- Vehicle wiped down with Gtechniq Panel Wipe and IPA to ensure surfaces are chemically clean
- Paintwork inspected using multiple high intensity LED spotlamps (ie Scangrip)
- Pre selected* wax/sealants applied to exterior paintwork and other surfaces
- Callipers and wheels sealed (face and barrel) with a high-quality sealant
- Wheel arches dressed with Gtechniq C4 Trim Restorer where appropriate
- Wheel nuts torque set to the correct manufacturer’s specifications
- Door shuts treated with a sealant for added protection
- Long-life hydrophobic coating bonded to all exterior glass
- Engine compartment dressed and sealed
- Fabric hood treated with hydrophobic sealant (if present)
- Exterior plastics, grilles and trims dressed with non-sticky protection
- Door seals and rubbers cleaned and protected
- Exhaust tips, stainless steel/chrome cleaned and polished
*We have a range of detailing products from premium brands available, and you are welcome to request the wax/sealant of your choice (some boutique waxes will incur a surcharge). If no request is made, we will apply what we think will work best for you and your car.
- Interior glass cleaned
- Interior litter removed
- All interior vents, pockets, nooks and crannies cleaned and dusted
- Carpets vacuumed, mats shampooed where necessary
- Extra attention paid to leather to remove shininess, grease, stains and dirt build-up in creases
- Additional leather feeding and conditioning for softer feel and traditional smell
- Interior plastics, wood and trim dressed to finish of your choice
- Tyres cleaned and dressed with a long lasting tyre dressing
- Final inspection by Kelly Harris to make sure your car meets our high standards
- Vehicle handover surrounded by multiple light sources for you to inspect our work
The KDS gold detail
from £895.00 +VAT
Looking for something else?
KDS platinum detail
Our platinum correction detail takes paint correction beyond the next level...
You will be amazed at the level of finish we achieve with this detail, no matter what condition of the car may be in to start with. Our PLATINUM detail takes paint correction beyond the next level, and will include Kelly Harris painstakingly removing every defect that can possibly be polished away from the paintwork.
KDS silver detail
Our silver correction detail is designed for vehicles with 'medium' level paint defects ...
The SILVER correction process will deal with swirls and scratches, dullness a reduced depth of colour caused by poor hand washing techniques and automated car washes. Other defects that can be removed with this process are light car park scrapes, water marks, ‘buffer lines / holograms’ left by body shops or less experienced detailers, and minor bird dropping stains.
KDS bronze detail
Our bronze paint correction detail is designed to suit cars in 'nearly new' condition
With only very minor paint defects, where the aim is to specifically remove them and leave a near-flawless finish. This is also the package to go for if your vehicle has had previous paint correction carried out within the last 12-24 months, and has only picked up minor swirls in the meantime.