Our SILVER correction detail is designed for 'medium' level paint defects, which can be present on brand new cars.
Our SILVER correction detail is designed for vehicles with ‘medium’ level paint defects – which may have been picked up over time, but may also be present on brand new cars.
The SILVER correction process will deal with swirls and scratches, dullness a reduced depth of colour caused by poor hand washing techniques and automated car washes. Other defects that can be removed with this process are light car park scrapes, water marks, ‘buffer lines / holograms’ left by body shops or less experienced detailers, and minor bird dropping stains. The darker the colour of your vehicle, the more noticeable these defects will be (lighter colours will not show damage as much as a darker colour). This is why sometimes we need to carry out a SILVER detail to remove defects on a darker coloured car that would be improved ‘enough’ by a lesser package on a pale coloured car.
The SILVER correction process will consist of two stages: firstly, a rough/aggressive abrasive machine polishing stage removes a very fine layer of the clearcoat, which removes the surface defects along with it. However, this stage leaves its own faint/hazy marring behind. Secondly, we use a much gentler machine polishing process to carry out a refining stage – this brings the paintwork up to the exceptional gloss finish you’ve been hoping for.
This two-stage process can take between 20 and 30 hours of machine polishing alone, and we aim to achieve around 85% defect correction on a swirl-mark covered car.
Silver detail from only £845.00 + VAT
What you can expect from the silver detail...
Since no two cars arrive in identical condition all our detailing packages will be tweaked to each individual car, ensuring the best possible use of our time and the greatest value for money. However, regardless of the vehicle’s age/condition, on a SILVER detail we will always carry out at least the following steps:
- Comprehensive wash process using two/three bucket method
- Tar remover, fallout remover and degreaser used for chemical decontamination
- Door shuts, hinges, badges, edges and panel gaps brush cleaned
- Wheel arches carefully jet-washed
- Wheels cleaned using Gtechniq W6 followed by GWash
- Combination of soft microfibre towel and forced-air drying techniques
- Brakes warmed to ensure no binding while the car is with us
- Clay used to remove bonded contaminants from paintwork
- Staining / contamination on glass removed
- Paint depth readings taken (also shows accident/paint repairs) where needed
- SILVER level two-stage machine polishing completed (2 to 3 days) using Lake Country’s unique in-house techniques
- Vehicle wiped down with Gtechniq Panel Wipe and IPA to ensure surfaces are chemically clean
- Paintwork inspected using high intensity LED spotlamps (such as the LC Power Tools Handheld Detailing Light)
- Pre selected* wax/sealants applied to exterior paintwork, lights and wheels
- Door shuts treated with a sealant for added protection
- Exterior plastics, grilles and trims dressed with non-sticky protection
- Door seals and rubbers cleaned and protected
- Exhaust tips polished
*We have a range of detailing products from premium brands available, and you are welcome to request the wax/sealant of your choice (some boutique waxes will incur a surcharge). If no request is made, we will apply what we think will work best for you and your car.
As an optional extra we also offer the very latest Gtechniq ceramic coatings including Crystal Serum Ultra and EXOv5, for ultimate long-lasting results.
- Interior glass cleaned
- Exterior glass cleaned
- Tyres cleaned and dressed with a long lasting tyre dressing
- Final inspection to make sure your car meets our high standards
- Vehicle handover surrounded by multiple light sources for you to inspect our work
from £845.00 +VAT
Looking for something else?
Our platinum correction detail takes paint correction beyond the next level...
You will be amazed at the level of finish we achieve with this detail, no matter what condition of the car may be in to start with. Our PLATINUM detail takes paint correction beyond the next level, and will include Kelly Harris painstakingly removing every defect that can possibly be polished away from the paintwork.
Our gold correction detail is best suited to cars with more extensive defects...
…such as deeper scratches or chemical etching, and cars dulled through wear and tear over a number of years. However, it is also generally recommended for cars suffering from ‘unfinished’ workmanship from a paint shop – or indeed the original production line. Ugly leftover sanding marks can be quite deep and are a common feature on hand-worked paintwork, whether it is from a repairer, or a low-volume manufacturer.
Our bronze paint correction detail is designed to suit cars in 'nearly new' condition
…with only very minor paint defects, where the aim is to specifically remove them and leave a near-flawless finish. This is also the package to go for if your vehicle has had previous paint correction carried out within the last 12-24 months, and has only picked up minor swirls in the meantime.