You will be amazed at the level of finish we achieve with this detail, no matter what condition the car may be in to start with.
Our PLATINUM detail takes paint correction beyond the next level, and will include Kelly Harris painstakingly removing every defect that can possibly be polished away from the paintwork. What’s more, Kelly will provide videos, photographs and updates documenting the transformation throughout, for the most personally-tailored detailing package Lake Country UK can offer.
The paintwork benefits from up to five stages of paint correction, depending on the colour and density of clear coat (darker colours with harder paint will take considerably longer). The PLATINUM process will involve between 50 and 100 hours of machine polishing and, even on used cars, we will achieve 99% to 100% correction (total paint thickness is sometimes a restrictive aspect).
Nothing is left untouched with this detail, and the extra search for perfection in the paintwork is mirrored when it comes to final touches in cleanliness and presentation throughout the whole vehicle. We’ll go through hundreds of cocktail sticks and cotton buds to ensure every visible aspect of the car is at its best, even when inspected up close. Where sensible, exterior trim is removed to get to those impossible-to-reach areas (allowing the trim itself to be better cleaned whilst off the vehicle). If you have carbon-fibre engine bay trims, they will be machine polished and treated with Gtechniq just like the vehicle’s exterior. External glass will be machine polished for extreme cleanliness. Mats and carpets will be thoroughly shampooed, and leather will be deep cleaned, fed and conditioned. If your car has a soft top, that will be scrubbed clean and sealed with a fabric protector too. Another advantage to this package is that major stone chips will be touched in, lacquered and sanded smooth to complete the overall appearance (note – due to the composition of pearl and metallic paint, some touch ins may remain visible to the naked eye).
For outstanding protection, the Platinum detail includes our Gtechniq interior and exterior protection suites at no additional charge – although we will apply a high-end traditional wax or sealant if you prefer.
Platinum detail from only £2,245.00 + VAT
What you can expect from the platinum detail...
While every PLATINUM detail will be individually tailored in practice (since every car comes with its own unique set of needs), we will always include the following steps as standard:
- Fully comprehensive multi-stage wash process using two/three bucket method
- Tar remover, fallout remover and degreaser used for chemical decontamination
- Door shuts, hinges, badges, edges and panel gaps brush cleaned and decontaminated
- Engine compartment carefully washed and degreased
- Wheels removed and cleaned using Gtechniq W6 followed by GWash
- Wheel arches and suspension jet-washed and cleaned using tar remover and degreasers
- Fabric hood scrubbed clean to remove dirt build up or biomass (if present)
- Combination of soft microfibre towel and forced-air drying techniques
- Brakes warmed to ensure no binding while the car is with us
- Exterior glass polished to remove staining, and decontaminated using strong solvents
- Clay used to remove bonded contaminants from paintwork (including door shuts)
- Paint depth readings taken (also shows accident/paint repairs) where needed
- PLATINUM level machine polishing completed (6 to 8 days) by Kelly Harris
- High-accuracy stone chip touch-in repairs (lacquered and levelled) carried out
- Paint levelling process to remove deeper paint defects and scratches (if required)
- Extra corrective polishing of individual major defects (where possible)
- Vehicle wiped down with Gtechniq Panel Wipe and IPA to ensure surfaces are chemically clean
- Paintwork inspected using multiple high intensity LED spot lamps (such as the LC Power Tools Handheld Detailing Light)
- Gtechniq C1* and two coats of EXOv5 applied to exterior painted surfaces and lights
- Callipers and wheels sealed (face and barrel) with Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour and EXOv5
- Wheel arches dressed with Gtechniq C4 Trim Restorer where appropriate
- Suspension dressed with Gtechniq coatings
- Wheel nuts torque set to the correct manufacturer’s specifications
- Tyre pressures checked and adjusted where necessary
- Door shuts treated with Gtechniq EXOv5 for long-term protection
- Long-life hydrophobic coating (Gtechniq G1) bonded to all exterior glass
- Engine compartment detailed and dressed with Gtechniq coatings
- Fabric hood treated with hydrophobic sealant (if present)
- Exterior plastics, grilles and trims dressed with Gtechniq C4 and EXOv5
- Door seals and rubbers cleaned and protected with Gtechniq coatings
- Exhaust tips, stainless steel/chrome cleaned and polished
- *Upgrade to Crystal Serum Ultra is available
- Interior glass cleaned
- Interior litter removed
- All interior vents, pockets, nooks and crannies cleaned and dusted
- Seats, mats and carpets thoroughly shampooed where necessary
- Interior fabrics treated with Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric to guard against staining or spilt liquids
- Extra attention paid to leather to remove shininess, grease, stains and dirt build-up in creases
- Additional leather feeding and conditioning for softer feel and traditional smell
- Gtechniq L1 Leather Guard applied to inhibit stains and dye transfer
- Interior plastics, wood and trim dressed to finish of your choice
- Gtechniq Interior Protection package included as standard
- Tyres cleaned and dressed with a long lasting tyre dressing
- Final inspection to make sure your car meets our highest standards
- Vehicle handover with Kelly, surrounded by multiple light sources for you to inspect our work
from £2,245.00 +VAT
Looking for something else?
Our gold correction detail is best suited to cars with more extensive defects...
…such as deeper scratches or chemical etching, and cars dulled through wear and tear over a number of years. However, it is also generally recommended for cars suffering from ‘unfinished’ workmanship from a paint shop – or indeed the original production line. Ugly leftover sanding marks can be quite deep and are a common feature on hand-worked paintwork, whether it is from a repairer, or a low-volume manufacturer.
Our silver correction detail is designed for vehicles with 'medium' level paint defects ...
The SILVER correction process will deal with swirls and scratches, dullness a reduced depth of colour caused by poor hand washing techniques and automated car washes. Other defects that can be removed with this process are light car park scrapes, water marks, ‘buffer lines / holograms’ left by body shops or less experienced detailers, and minor bird dropping stains.
Our bronze paint correction detail is designed to suit cars in 'nearly new' condition
…with only very minor paint defects, where the aim is to specifically remove them and leave a near-flawless finish. This is also the package to go for if your vehicle has had previous paint correction carried out within the last 12-24 months, and has only picked up minor swirls in the meantime.